Wednesday 14 June 2017

Did she hear me?

Dedicated to Bombay Jayashree - Akka



Sa, Re, Ga, Ma, Pa.. 
The chiseled essence of her deeper chambers
Spread, Traveled, Entered and Stayed
In the air, through the ears, Into the spirits, In the soul..
The onlookers transforming to musical diyas
The walls of the hall reverberating her notes - Her
new students they were!!
Eyes closed, absorbed within, gliding on a different realm, 
She ruled the Dias, but never seemed to own - For
she sat, not to sing, but to meditate... 
Small was I, in her enormity
Like a sparrow in the vastness of the sky..
Lo! Behold!
I woke up from the trance,induced by her...
Hearing the thundering applaud...
As she descended the steps of the dias... 
My heart throbbed and yearned
"Did she ever hear me?" - 
This tiny soul offering , 
Its only secret, "The GRATITUDE". 

No comments:

Post a Comment